Contact Laurent Lazard
Country of Admission
- University of Chicago Law School, LL.M., 1993.
- Université Paris II-Assas, France, DESS en Droit des Affaires et Fiscalité des Entreprises (Post-Graduate Degree in Business Law and Tax Law), 1991.
- Université Paris II-Assas, France, Maîtrise en Droit des Affaires (Master in Business Law), 1989.
- Laurent Lazard has been advising clients for over 25 years on a wide range of banking and finance matters.
- As an expert in structured finance, in particular securitisation, he has assisted numerous regulated and unregulated securitisation vehicles, sponsors and originators. He has represented major banks in setting up multi-billion Euro platforms for the issuance of structured finance instruments.
- Laurent Lazard is also recognised for his capital markets work and his expertise in restructuring and insolvency matters.
- Chambers Global: Ranked Lawyer in Band 2 in Capital Markets
- Chambers Europe: Ranked Lawyer in Band 3 in Banking & Finance and Band 2 in Capital Markets
- The Legal 500: Recommended Lawyer in Banking, finance and capital markets
- IFLR1000: Highly regarded in Banking, capital markets: Structured finance and securitisation practice
- Who's Who Legal: Recommended in Capital Markets - Structured Finance
May 28, 2021
Newflash | Draft Bill amending the Securitisation Law
The long anticipated draft law 7825 (the “Draft Law”) has been submitted to the Luxembourg Parliament (Chambre des Députés) by the Luxembourg Minister of Finance on 21 May 2021.
Apr 21, 2021
Newsflash | Circular CSSF 21/769 – Teleworking in supervised entities
On 9 April 2021, the CSSF published Circular CSSF 21/769 regarding governance and security requirements for Supervised Entities (as defined below) to perform tasks or activities through Telework (as d
Jan 25, 2021
Newsflash | New Luxembourg Law allows issuance of dematerialised securities using distributed ledger technology (DLT)
A further step towards integration of DLT in the Luxembourg capital markets sphere On 21 January 2021, the Luxembourg Parliament adopted draft law 7637 aiming at modernising the law of 6 April 2013 o