Contact Anne Morel
Country of Admission
- Université Nancy II, France, DESS en Droit des Affaires et Fiscalité - Diplôme de Juriste Conseil d’Entreprise (Post-Graduate Degree in Business Law and Tax Law), 1993.
- Université Nancy II, France / University of Saarbrücken, Germany, Maîtrise en Droit des Affaires (Master in Business Law), 1992.
- Anne has developed a practice advising clients on the full range of employment-related matters. She assists clients to plan and manage defined HR projects, notably in multi-jurisdictional environment. Her practice is primarily employer-focused.
- Anne has sealed her reputation as a leading labour and employment lawyer advising major companies in high-stakes employment cases such as corporate restructurings, transfers of undertaking, individual and collective redundancies and human resources outsourcing (HRO) arrangements. She very often operates in immigration issues, drafting employment contracts and staff handbooks and advises on incentive and remuneration packages, restrictive covenants, severance negotiations and settlement agreements.
- Anne also focuses on labour law litigation. She thus advises and assists companies at all stages of the dispute and maintains an important activity in employment-related litigation before local courts, including cases alleging discrimination, termination and non-compete violations.
- Anne advises clients on data protections issues, such as a.o. implementation of background checks, whistleblowing systems and measures which are deemed to result in supervising employees at the workplace.
- Last but not least, Anne has extensive litigation and counselling experience in a variety of general commercial matters, some of which related to commercial contracts, trade secret, unfair competition, distribution rights, intellectual property and regulatory matters.
- Anne regularly provides training on various employment law matters and has published and lectured extensively in the areas of employment, compensations and benefits laws and in data privacy matters.
Jan 17, 2019
Newsflash | Leave entitlements
On 11 January 2019, the Council of the Government approved a draft law on the amendment of articles L. 232-2 and L.
Dec 31, 2018
Newsflash | Reminder: supplementary pension schemes
The Chamber of Deputies of the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg adopted on 1 August 2018 a law (hereinafter “the Law”) modifying the law of 8 June 1999 on supplementary pension schemes.
Dec 28, 2018
Newsflash | Reminder: improvement of the employee’s situation in the event of a long-term incapacity
The Chamber of Deputies of the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg adopted on 10 August, 2018 the law on the maintenance of the employment contract and the gradual return to work in the event of a long-term inc
Hôtel Le Royal, Luxembourg
Luxembourg - Restaurant Le Belvédère (ECCL) - Kirchberg