Contact Alain Steichen
Country of Admission
- Luxembourg, 1996
- France, 1994
- University of Saarbrücken, Germany, Doctorat en Droit (Ph.D. in Law), 1994.
- Université Paris I-Panthéon-Sorbonne, France, Maîtrise en Droit Privé, mention Droit des Affaires (Master in Private Law), 1984.
- Université Aix-Marseille III, France, Maîtrise en sciences économiques (Master in Economics), 1983.
- Alain has been involved in numerous migrations of companies to Luxembourg and has advised on major domestic and international corporate restructurings, including pre-sale reorganisations and intra-group financings.
- He also advises on complex international and domestic recapitalisations, (de)mergers, acquisitions and sales of businesses, where he has vast experience in acting for banks and telecom solutions providers.
- Alain has extensive experience in tax litigation, negotiation with revenue authorities and settlement of disputes. As such, he advises multi-nationals, financial institutions, corporates and high net worth individuals on a number of ongoing tax and VAT local and cross-border disputes.
- He also regularly advises on various European tax law questions with particular focus on EU State aid.
- An Associate Professor at the University of Luxembourg in public finance, European tax, international tax and company taxation, he is the author of various books (15+) and articles on Luxembourg accounting, tax and company law.
- Former réviseur d’entreprises and former expert comptable, Alain was the head of Tax at PWC Luxembourg until 1996.
- Chambers Europe: Ranked in Band 1 in Tax
- World Tax: Highly regarded in Tax controversy
- IFLR1000: Highly regarded
- Best Lawyers: Lawyer of the Year 2019 - Recognised since 2010
Sep 20, 2019
Our Tax practice brochure gives an overview of the services our team of lawyers provides to domestic and internatonal clients in all Luxembourg tax related matters.
Apr 25, 2018
BSP Newsletter | April 2018
This newsletter is intended as a general discussion of the following topics: Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate, Investment Funds and Tax. If you would like to know more about the
Luxembourg | Hôtel Le Royal
Luxembourg - Le Royal Hôtel
Lalux - 9 Rue Jean Fischbach, 3372 Leudelange