Contact Alain Steichen
Country of Admission
- Luxembourg, 1996
- France, 1994
- University of Saarbrücken, Germany, Doctorat en Droit (Ph.D. in Law), 1994.
- Université Paris I-Panthéon-Sorbonne, France, Maîtrise en Droit Privé, mention Droit des Affaires (Master in Private Law), 1984.
- Université Aix-Marseille III, France, Maîtrise en sciences économiques (Master in Economics), 1983.
- Alain has been involved in numerous migrations of companies to Luxembourg and has advised on major domestic and international corporate restructurings, including pre-sale reorganisations and intra-group financings.
- He also advises on complex international and domestic recapitalisations, (de)mergers, acquisitions and sales of businesses, where he has vast experience in acting for banks and telecom solutions providers.
- Alain has extensive experience in tax litigation, negotiation with revenue authorities and settlement of disputes. As such, he advises multi-nationals, financial institutions, corporates and high net worth individuals on a number of ongoing tax and VAT local and cross-border disputes.
- He also regularly advises on various European tax law questions with particular focus on EU State aid.
- An Associate Professor at the University of Luxembourg in public finance, European tax, international tax and company taxation, he is the author of various books (15+) and articles on Luxembourg accounting, tax and company law.
- Former réviseur d’entreprises and former expert comptable, Alain was the head of Tax at PWC Luxembourg until 1996.
- Chambers Europe: Ranked as Star Individuals in Tax and Band 1 in Private Wealth Law practice
- Legal 500: Ranked Tier 1 in Tax practice and Leading Individual
- World Tax: Highly regarded in Tax controversy
- IFLR1000: Highly regarded
- Best Lawyers: Lawyer of the Year 2019 - Recognised since 2010
Feb 11, 2020
Legitech | Précis de Droit Fiscal de l'Entreprise - 5ème édition
Le droit fiscal de l’entreprise est le droit fiscal appliqué à l’entreprise.
Sep 20, 2019
Our Tax practice brochure gives an overview of the services our team of lawyers provides to domestic and internatonal clients in all Luxembourg tax related matters.