Right by you with these specific expertise
Contact Alain Steichen
Country of admission
- Luxembourg, 1996
- France, 1994
- University of Saarbrücken, Germany, Doctorat en Droit (Ph.D. in Law), 1994.
- Université Paris I-Panthéon-Sorbonne, France, Maîtrise en Droit Privé, mention Droit des Affaires (Master in Private Law), 1984.
- Université Aix-Marseille III, France, Maîtrise en sciences économiques (Master in Economics), 1983.
Alain is Managing Partner at BSP.
He has been involved in numerous migrations of companies to Luxembourg and has advised on major domestic and international corporate restructurings, including pre-sale reorganisations and intra-group financings.
- He also advises on complex international and domestic recapitalisations, (de)mergers, acquisitions and sales of businesses, where he has vast experience in acting for banks and telecom solutions providers.
- Alain has extensive experience in tax litigation, negotiation with revenue authorities and settlement of disputes. As such, he advises multi-nationals, financial institutions, corporates and high net worth individuals on a number of ongoing tax and VAT local and cross-border disputes.
- He also regularly advises on various European tax law questions with particular focus on EU State aid.
- An Associate Professor at the University of Luxembourg in public finance, European tax, international tax and company taxation, he is the author of various books (15+) and articles on Luxembourg accounting, tax and company law.
- Former réviseur d’entreprises and former expert comptable, Alain was the head of Tax at PWC Luxembourg until 1996.