Contact Pierre-Alexandre Degehet
Country of Admission
- Katholieke Universiteit Brabant Tilburg, the Netherlands, LL.M., 1996.
- Université Catholique de Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium, Licence en droit (Bachelor in Law), 1995.
- Faculté Universitaire Notre-Dame de la Paix, Namur, Belgium, Candidature en droit, 1992.
Pierre-Alexandre is a Partner and a member of the Corporate M&A, Private Equity, Capital Markets, Banking & Financial Services practices. He created and developed the Startup & Fintech practice and is Head of the French desk.
- In addition to general corporate law, he specialises in M&A, capital markets, stock exchange regulations and corporate governance involving listed and private companies. Pierre-Alexandre has participated to numerous stock exchanges transactions, hostile or friendly takeovers, equity investments in listed companies, contribution or demerger transactions, capital increases, public and private placements of equity or debt securities. He works for listed and private companies, including for small and mid-cap companies in the context of corporate matters, joint ventures and strategic alliances. Pierre-Alexandre has strong experience in advising companies and their boards or investors on corporate governance issues, on legal and regulatory responsibilities including directors’ duties, and shareholders’ meetings inclusive of the litigation side thereof.
- Additionally, Pierre-Alexandre has been involved in a number of capital markets transactions advising international and Luxembourg financial institutions and companies. He handles equity offering and listing matters.
- In relation to the Startup & Fintech practice, Pierre-Alexandre handles matters related to fintech, blockchain and cryptocurrency assets, and financial regulatory issues relating to electronic money or payment services and banking.
- Pierre-Alexandre also provides advice on BPO transactions, specialising in multi-jurisdiction outsourcings and outsourcings in the financial services sector.
- Having significant experience of the French market, Pierre-Alexandre is the founder and Head of BSP French desk.
- Prior to joining the firm, Pierre-Alexandre was senior legal counsel at Arcelor and advised on major financings and corporate restructurings. He actively participated in Arcelor’s defence team against Mittal Steel’s hostile takeover and subsequently acted in relation to the merger that created ArcelorMittal and all matters related to the implementation and integration phase. Due to this past experience in the private sector of a multi-listed company, he takes full advantage of that experience to structure deals in the best interests of clients but more particularly to handle the relationships with top management of companies in the most appropriate manner with close relationships. This is truly appreciated by top management and internal legal counsels allowing a truly cooperative mode of actions based on trust.
- Pierre-Alexandre is the author of several publications and regularly lectures on corporate law and shareholders issues.
Dec 15, 2021
Chambers T&D | Shareholders’ Rights & Shareholder Activism 2021
The Shareholders’ Rights and Shareholder Activism 2021 guide features 16 jurisdictions.
Nov 25, 2021
Newsflash | Tenue des réunions dans les sociétés et autres personnes morales
PROPOSITION D’EXTENSION Alors que la situation due à la pandémie de Covid 19 continue à avoir un impact sur la bonne gouvernance des sociétés et autres personnes morales, il a été déposé en date du 2
Sofitel le Grand Ducal
Luxembourg | Hôtel Mélia - Kirchberg
Hôtel Novotel Kirchberg - Luxembourg