Contact Pierre-Alexandre Degehet
Country of Admission
- Katholieke Universiteit Brabant Tilburg, the Netherlands, LL.M., 1996.
- Université Catholique de Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium, Licence en droit (Bachelor in Law), 1995.
- Faculté Universitaire Notre-Dame de la Paix, Namur, Belgium, Candidature en droit, 1992.
Pierre-Alexandre is a Partner and a member of the Corporate M&A, Private Equity, Capital Markets, Banking & Financial Services practices. He created and developed the Startup & Fintech practice and is Head of the French desk.
- In addition to general corporate law, he specialises in M&A, capital markets, stock exchange regulations and corporate governance involving listed and private companies. Pierre-Alexandre has participated to numerous stock exchanges transactions, hostile or friendly takeovers, equity investments in listed companies, contribution or demerger transactions, capital increases, public and private placements of equity or debt securities. He works for listed and private companies, including for small and mid-cap companies in the context of corporate matters, joint ventures and strategic alliances. Pierre-Alexandre has strong experience in advising companies and their boards or investors on corporate governance issues, on legal and regulatory responsibilities including directors’ duties, and shareholders’ meetings inclusive of the litigation side thereof.
- Additionally, Pierre-Alexandre has been involved in a number of capital markets transactions advising international and Luxembourg financial institutions and companies. He handles equity offering and listing matters.
- In relation to the Startup & Fintech practice, Pierre-Alexandre handles matters related to fintech, blockchain and cryptocurrency assets, and financial regulatory issues relating to electronic money or payment services and banking.
- Pierre-Alexandre also provides advice on BPO transactions, specialising in multi-jurisdiction outsourcings and outsourcings in the financial services sector.
- Having significant experience of the French market, Pierre-Alexandre is the founder and Head of BSP French desk.
- Prior to joining the firm, Pierre-Alexandre was senior legal counsel at Arcelor and advised on major financings and corporate restructurings. He actively participated in Arcelor’s defence team against Mittal Steel’s hostile takeover and subsequently acted in relation to the merger that created ArcelorMittal and all matters related to the implementation and integration phase. Due to this past experience in the private sector of a multi-listed company, he takes full advantage of that experience to structure deals in the best interests of clients but more particularly to handle the relationships with top management of companies in the most appropriate manner with close relationships. This is truly appreciated by top management and internal legal counsels allowing a truly cooperative mode of actions based on trust.
- Pierre-Alexandre is the author of several publications and regularly lectures on corporate law and shareholders issues.
Jun 25, 2020
Paperjam Dossier Digital | "Les techs au chevet de la société pendant la crise"
Les crises sanitaires et économiques ont forcé l’adoption de technologies nouvelles, contraignant la société à l’évidence de l’utilité citoyenne de celles-ci.
Jun 05, 2020
Prolongation du délai pour la tenue des assemblées générales annuelles des sociétés européennes (SEs) et des sociétés coopératives européennes (SCEs)
CONTEXTE Avec l’ambition de contenir l'épidémie de COVID-19, les États membres ont mis en place une série de mesures sans précédent, notamment des mesures concernant le confinement et la distanciati
Jun 05, 2020
Deadline extension for holding of annual general meetings of European Companies (SEs) and European Cooperative Societies (SCEs)
CONTEXT With the view to contain the outbreak of COVID‐19, Member States have put in place a series of unprecedented measures, in particular concerning confinement and social distancing of persons,
Luxembourg | Hôtel Mélia - Kirchberg
Hôtel Novotel Kirchberg - Luxembourg