Contact Pierre-Alexandre Degehet
Country of Admission
- Katholieke Universiteit Brabant Tilburg, the Netherlands, LL.M., 1996.
- Université Catholique de Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium, Licence en droit (Bachelor in Law), 1995.
- Faculté Universitaire Notre-Dame de la Paix, Namur, Belgium, Candidature en droit, 1992.
Pierre-Alexandre is a Partner and a member of the Corporate M&A, Private Equity, Capital Markets, Banking & Financial Services practices. He created and developed the Startup & Fintech practice and is Head of the French desk.
- In addition to general corporate law, he specialises in M&A, capital markets, stock exchange regulations and corporate governance involving listed and private companies. Pierre-Alexandre has participated to numerous stock exchanges transactions, hostile or friendly takeovers, equity investments in listed companies, contribution or demerger transactions, capital increases, public and private placements of equity or debt securities. He works for listed and private companies, including for small and mid-cap companies in the context of corporate matters, joint ventures and strategic alliances. Pierre-Alexandre has strong experience in advising companies and their boards or investors on corporate governance issues, on legal and regulatory responsibilities including directors’ duties, and shareholders’ meetings inclusive of the litigation side thereof.
- Additionally, Pierre-Alexandre has been involved in a number of capital markets transactions advising international and Luxembourg financial institutions and companies. He handles equity offering and listing matters.
- In relation to the Startup & Fintech practice, Pierre-Alexandre handles matters related to fintech, blockchain and cryptocurrency assets, and financial regulatory issues relating to electronic money or payment services and banking.
- Pierre-Alexandre also provides advice on BPO transactions, specialising in multi-jurisdiction outsourcings and outsourcings in the financial services sector.
- Having significant experience of the French market, Pierre-Alexandre is the founder and Head of BSP French desk.
- Prior to joining the firm, Pierre-Alexandre was senior legal counsel at Arcelor and advised on major financings and corporate restructurings. He actively participated in Arcelor’s defence team against Mittal Steel’s hostile takeover and subsequently acted in relation to the merger that created ArcelorMittal and all matters related to the implementation and integration phase. Due to this past experience in the private sector of a multi-listed company, he takes full advantage of that experience to structure deals in the best interests of clients but more particularly to handle the relationships with top management of companies in the most appropriate manner with close relationships. This is truly appreciated by top management and internal legal counsels allowing a truly cooperative mode of actions based on trust.
- Pierre-Alexandre is the author of several publications and regularly lectures on corporate law and shareholders issues.
Apr 21, 2021
Newsflash | Circular CSSF 21/769 – Teleworking in supervised entities
On 9 April 2021, the CSSF published Circular CSSF 21/769 regarding governance and security requirements for Supervised Entities (as defined below) to perform tasks or activities through Telework (as d
Mar 16, 2021
ESMA allows decision on reporting of net short position of 0.1% and above to expire
CONTEXT Within the context of the exceptional circumstances linked to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) had considered on 16 March 2020, as a precaut
Feb 11, 2021
Thomson Reuters Practical Law | Shareholders' rights in private and public companies in Luxembourg: overview
A Q&A guide to shareholders' rights in private and public companies law in Luxembourg. The Q&A gives a high-level overview of types of limited companies and shares, general shareholders' righ
Luxembourg | Hôtel Mélia - Kirchberg
Hôtel Novotel Kirchberg - Luxembourg
Luxembourg - Chambre de commerce du Luxembourg