Contact Pierre-Alexandre Degehet
Country of Admission
- Katholieke Universiteit Brabant Tilburg, the Netherlands, LL.M., 1996.
- Université Catholique de Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium, Licence en droit (Bachelor in Law), 1995.
- Faculté Universitaire Notre-Dame de la Paix, Namur, Belgium, Candidature en droit, 1992.
- Pierre-Alexandre is the Head of the Corporate and M&A department. His practice covers a broad spectrum of corporate and transactional matters with a particular focus on domestic and cross-border merger and acquisitions, public takeovers, corporate finance transactions, as well as securities law, regulatory and general commercial matters.
- His credentials include strong experience in takeovers (hostile or friendly) for major financial institutions and industrial groups but also small and mid-cap companies, as well as joint ventures and strategic alliance.
- Pierre-Alexandre regularly advises companies and their boards, as well as investors, on corporate governance issues, on legal and regulatory responsibilities including directors’ duties, individual liability and contentious shareholders’ meetings. He is active as well with respect to drawing up, implementation and compliance with corporate governance rules.
- In addition to his corporate expertise, Pierre-Alexandre has been involved in a number of capital markets transactions advising international and Luxembourg financial institutions as well as corporates. His work includes assistance to listing of securities (regulated and Euro MTF markets operated by the Luxembourg Stock Exchange).
- Pierre-Alexandre also provides advice on BPO transactions, specialising in multi-jurisdiction outsourcings and outsourcings in the financial services sector.
- Alongside the Corporate, M&A department, Pierre-Alexandre is the Head of the Fintech / Start-up department.
- Prior to joining the firm, Pierre-Alexandre was senior legal counsel at Arcelor and advised on major financing and corporate restructurings. He actively participated in Arcelor’s defence team against MittalSteel’s hostile takeover and subsequently acted in relation to the merger that created ArcelorMittal and all matters related to the implementation and integration phase.
- Having significant experience of the French market, Pierre-Alexandre is the founder and Head of BSP's French desk.
Jan 18, 2019
The Law of January 15th 2019 setting up a register of beneficial owners
HISTORICAL BACKGROUND On December 6th 2017, the Luxembourg Parliament published two bills of laws (PL 7216 and PL 7217) aimed at implementing new transparency measures provided by Directive 2015/849
Jan 10, 2019
Report relation to crypto assets issued by EBA and ESMA
Both the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) and the European Banking Authority (EBA) have published yesterday January 9th 2019 individual report on crypto-assets. ESMA, together wit
Luxembourg - Chambre de commerce du Luxembourg