Contact Elena Bassi
Country of Admission
- HEC - Management School, Liège, Belgique, Diploma in Capital Markets, Corporate Finance and Accounting, 2017.
- Université Lumière Lyon 2, France, Master II en droit des affaires comparé (Business Comparative Law), 2010.
- Université Lumière Lyon 2, France, Master I en droit privé spécialité droit de l’entreprise (Private law focusing on company law), 2009.
- Université Catholique de Lyon, France, License en droit privé (Bachelor in private law), 2008.
- Elena has experience in Luxembourg and Irish markets and practised in both jurisdictions.
- She has extensive experience in assisting fund promoters and asset managers in relation to the structuring and establishment of a wide range of funds with a particular focus on regulated funds including UCITS (alternative strategies, ETF, etc) and alternative investment funds AIFs (hedge funds, debt funds, private equity funds, etc).
- She recently advised the largest worldwide asset manager in the launch and approval of their first sustainable (ESG) “dark green” fund.
- She also advises UCITS Management Companies and AIFMs on the compliance with their regulatory obligations (including review of policies, substance and governance requirements).
- Elena was also part of the ALFI working group on performance fees.
- Prior to joining BSP Elena started her career in the fund distribution department of a “Big Four”. She further continued her career in leading law firms in Luxembourg and in Ireland.
- International Bar Association (IBA)
Jul 28, 2021
Newsflash | Transposition of the directive regarding cross-border distribution of collective investment undertakings into Luxembourg law
On 26 July 2021, the law of 21 July 2021 transposing the directive (UE) 2019/1160 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 June 2019 amending Directives 2009/65/EC and 2011/61/EU with regar