Contact Evelyn Maher
Country of Admission
Solicitor in Ireland, 2000
- University College Cork, Ireland, LL.M., 1997.
- University of Limerick, Ireland, B.A. in Law and European Studies, 1996.
- Evelyn is Head of BSP's Investment Management department.
- She has been active in the Luxembourg investment fund market since 2001 assisting fund promoters and asset managers in relation to the structuring and establishment of a wide range of funds including private equity, venture capital, loan origination, loan participation and real estate.
- She provides advice on compliance with all aspects of the regulatory regime applicable to investment funds and in particular the alternative investment fund managers directive (AIFMD).
- Following launch of the fund Evelyn offers on-going assistance in relation to closings, investments, divestments, liquidation and general issues arising throughout the life of the fund.
- She has also provided assistance in relation to the listing of securities on both the regulated and Euro MTF markets operated by the Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
- She has extensive experience in relation to Luxembourg regulatory and corporate law.
- The Legal 500: Recommended Lawyer in Investment Fund
- IFLR1000: Highly regarded in Investment Funds, Banking, Private equity, M&A practice
Apr 27, 2020
Paperjam Dossier Digital | “Global Trends: Opportunities for Luxembourg”
Au vu des tendances globales concernant le marché des fonds, quelles sont les opportunités propres à la place financière luxembourgeoise? The recent turbulence on the markets will accelerate
May 18, 2020
CSSF Communication on IFM notification of fund issues and large redemptions
On 13 May 2020, the CSSF published a communication announcing a notification obligation (the "IFM Notification") applicable to certain investment fund managers (the "IFMs") and relating to significant