Employers regardless of industry sector will soon be required, under certain conditions, to implement whistleblowing or speaking-out policy, as well as to set up a specific dedicated reporting line made available to employees, but also, amongst others, to independent workers, shareholders and managers/directors.
The upcoming new law will aim at providing protection to persons who report breaches. Nevertheless, successfully implementing a whistleblowing procedure that complies with the legal requirements will also have the benefit to encourage disclosures at an early stage, enable concerns to be raised and appropriately addressed internally before they escalate, and cause reputational damage by spiralling negative communication, which, through social networks, hits an enormous number of persons.
How we can help
- Assistance in the implementation of a whistleblowing system in compliance with the upcoming legal requirements:
- Assistance to draft a whistleblowing policy
- Assistance to provide you with any written material/training to staff in order for the latter to get familiar with the new legal requirements and rights
- Assistance in the implementation of the whole processes, from scratch
- Outsourcing your reporting hotline with us, allowing you to completely rely on us for all the legal requirements
- Conducting an internal investigation/assistance in the investigation process
- Assistance in the assessment of a misconduct/breach within the meaning of the new legal provisions, and in advising you on what additional actions should be undertaken, and how to deal with external reporting mechanisms.
If you require any further information or assistance on this topic, please reach out to Partner Anne Morel.