Avocat à la Cour
English, French, German, Luxembourgish
- Admitted to the Luxembourg Bar, 1990.
- University of Chicago Law School, LL.M., 1993.
- Université Paris II-Assas, France, DESS en Droit des Affaires et Fiscalité des Entreprises (Post-Graduate Degree in Business Law and Tax Law), 1991.
- Université Paris II-Assas, France, Maîtrise en Droit des Affaires (Master in Business Law), 1989.
I approach what I do as a problem-solver. Each matter has its optimal solution, my role is to structure it to address my clients’ needs.
- Laurent Lazard has long been advising clients, which include large institutional lenders and investors, on a wide range of banking and finance matters.
- As an expert in structured finance, in particular securitisation, he has advised many regulated and unregulated securitisation vehicles in Luxembourg. He has represented major banks in setting up multi-billion Euro platforms for the issuance of structured finance instruments and has worked on countless securitisation transactions for both originators and sponsors.
- Laurent Lazard is also recognised for his capital markets work, acting for issuers and underwriters of debt and equity securities. On the equity side, he was recently involved in the IPO and listing of a Luxembourg company operating in the German residential real estate market.
- Laurent Lazard’s practice covers also restructuring and insolvency matters.
- In addition, as the head of BSP’s Chinese desk, he assists Chinese clients who are looking to invest in or through Luxembourg
Latest articles and events